10 things you need to know about Summer.
- Top 5 favorite bands? Rilo Kiley, The Sundays, Saves The Day, Say Anything, City & Colour
- Top 5 concerts you’ve ever seen? Reel Big Fish with Kara’s Flowers & Aquabats (1996,) Rilo Kiley with Feist (2005,) Taking Back Sunday with Brand New (2001,) Matt & Kim (2015,) Imagine Dragons (2015 because it was my son’s first concert.) I’m adding a 6th; Lisa Loeb at UNION STATION!! Holy–
- Who is your hero? Jenny Lewis! Hands down!!
- What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to talk for a living, meet bands and artists I’ve adored over the years, and have fun!!
- What are your hobbies? I write music, play guitar, play WoW, and hang with my family.
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)? 48 hours, MILITARY FUN!! 😀
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Rachel Bilson. I mean, she already played a “Summer,” so it seems fitting.
- What song would you say best sums you up? Elliott Smith – Angeles. It sums up how I felt about trying to be a musician which is still a near and dear thing to my heart, but from a distance.
- What was your first job? I was a clerk and merchandiser at Montgomery Wards’ home goods department.
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The Sundays. I would probably just stare at Harriet Wheeler.
Click post titles to read more and get links!
It may be the first day of #Summer, but #WinterIsHere on 7.16 on @HBO. Watch the new #GameofThrones Season 7 trailer. pic.twitter.com/o6VGkGCG4r — Game Of Thrones (@GameOfThrones) June 21, 2017
Talk about something you’re not expecting when you think of a music festival! One of the Firefly Music Festival attendees discovered skeletal human remains just a half mile from the main entrance. While walking through a wooded area the gruesome discovery was made, and most people who attended the festival had no clue! Firefly failed […]
Wasilla, Alaska natives Portugal. The Man have released their eighth studio album and it’s pretty badass. Produced by Casey Bates along with Mike D of Beastie Boys, Danger Mouse, and John Hill, Woodstock was inspired by a conversation singer John Gourley had with his dad after having a rough time finishing Gloomin + Doomin. When asked, “What’s […]
I think it’d be cool to have Dave Grohl as a dad anyway, but he taught his 8-year-old daughter Harper how to play drums, and invited her onstage at the Secret Solstice Festival in Iceland. After introducing her to the crowd, he explained that she had recently asked to learn, and he told her she’d […]
Remember the 90s? Yeah me either. 🙂 I also “don’t remember” making my dad drive me to some head shop to buy baggies of pogs and heavy slammers. That was the eye roll toy of the 90s (in my opinion.) My dad hated every second of it but he put up with it, because that’s […]
Tom DeLonge announced back in February he’d been working on a sci-fi movie called Strange Times, and with the lead roles cast, it seems to be getting closer and closer. The Strange Times franchise started with the graphic novel and is now expanding its horizons. The story follows a group of rebellious San Diego skateboarders who take […]
I think it’s time for her comeback! Lindsay Lohan will star in a British comedy show called Sick Note with Don Johnson (Miami Vice,) Rupert Grint aka Ron Weasley (Harry Potter), and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, The Huntsman: Winter’s War.) The Mean Girls star will appear in the second season, with the first due to […]
Seriously, can Sam Beam, a.k.a. Iron & Wine write any bad songs?? “Call It Dreaming” is off of the new upcoming record, Beast Epic, due out August 25!
If you don’t live under a rock, you know that Netflix is producing the long-awaited sequel to the 2001 masterpiece, Super Troopers. Well, it was revealed that Eagles of Death Metal will now be scoring the movie. According to a tweet from director Jay Chandresekhar, the film’s score will be composed by Eagles of Death Metal, […]
Emily Haines of Metric is going solo again. For the first time in a decade, the singer is releasing a solo album titled, Choir Of The Mind. The album is set for release on September 15. Hear the first single “Fatal Gift” below: