10 things you need to know about Summer.
- Top 5 favorite bands? Rilo Kiley, The Sundays, Saves The Day, Say Anything, City & Colour
- Top 5 concerts you’ve ever seen? Reel Big Fish with Kara’s Flowers & Aquabats (1996,) Rilo Kiley with Feist (2005,) Taking Back Sunday with Brand New (2001,) Matt & Kim (2015,) Imagine Dragons (2015 because it was my son’s first concert.) I’m adding a 6th; Lisa Loeb at UNION STATION!! Holy–
- Who is your hero? Jenny Lewis! Hands down!!
- What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to talk for a living, meet bands and artists I’ve adored over the years, and have fun!!
- What are your hobbies? I write music, play guitar, play WoW, and hang with my family.
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)? 48 hours, MILITARY FUN!! 😀
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Rachel Bilson. I mean, she already played a “Summer,” so it seems fitting.
- What song would you say best sums you up? Elliott Smith – Angeles. It sums up how I felt about trying to be a musician which is still a near and dear thing to my heart, but from a distance.
- What was your first job? I was a clerk and merchandiser at Montgomery Wards’ home goods department.
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The Sundays. I would probably just stare at Harriet Wheeler.
Click post titles to read more and get links!
Formerly known as Death From Above 1979, the band has re-branded, dropped the “1979,” and is now just Death From Above. That said, they have given us “Freeze Me.” [Note: The YouTube user who shared this video didn’t get the memo that it’s just Death From Above now. I know, it’ll take some getting used to.] […]
You’ve probably come across it in your lifetime, or maybe you’re a subscriber. High Times, the decades-long running magazine, has been pretty much a bible for any marijuana connoisseur. The popular magazine was just sold to a group of investors which include reggae musician and son of the late Bob Marley, Damian Marley. Marley along […]
Marcus Mumford was just one of many big stars to perform in Ariana Grande’s “One Love Manchester” benefit concert. Mumford kicked off the evening by performing a beautiful acoustic version of his band Mumford and Sons’ song, “Timshel.” Also in attendance were Pharrell Williams, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Take That, Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas, […]
“I Promise” is one of 3 previously unreleased tracks available on a deluxe version of OK Computer due June 23 called OKNOTOK. The album will include a remastered version of the original album, the two other previously unreleased tracks (“Lift” and “Man Of War,”) and demo recordings.
Is the hype around the new RompHIM real? YouTuber QPark took to the streets of 3 neighborhoods in NYC (Harlem, Washington Heights, and Times Square) as a social experiment. The reactions? Priceless. Watch below:
Could they be any more amazing?! Foo Fighters are only playing a handful of shows this year, so it’s no wonder they wanted to give fans the show they were looking for, and they sure did deliver. At the BottleRock Festival in Napa Valley, things were going smoothly until the band, who was playing their […]
If you live under a rock, you’ve never seen Spike’s hit show Lip Sync Battle. Basically, they pit one star against another in a lip syncing battle. Well in a special edition, Spike invited the four boys of the cast of Netflix’s hit show Stranger Things. They all did well, but there was one stand-out, […]
Yes you’ve read that correctly. Voldemort: Origins of the Heir is a non-profit fan film based on the Harry Potter universe and was created by T R Y A N G L E, an independent film-making production. The film will focus on what made Tom Riddle become Voldemort and what happened in the years at […]
Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy did a pretty awesome interview with Buzzfeed and it had puppies errwherr. The pair were doing an interview about their new album and answered fan questions while puppies had free range over the two. So cute!
When Halsey performed her new single, “Now Or Never” at the Billboard Music Awards, I’m sure the reactions she received wasn’t what she was expecting. The singer is getting backlash from Rihanna fans calling Halsey out for plagiarism and stealing the beat from Rihanna’s song, “Needed Me.” Except that…well…dedicated Halsey fans point out that “Now […]