10 things you need to know about Summer.
- Top 5 favorite bands? Rilo Kiley, The Sundays, Saves The Day, Say Anything, City & Colour
- Top 5 concerts you’ve ever seen? Reel Big Fish with Kara’s Flowers & Aquabats (1996,) Rilo Kiley with Feist (2005,) Taking Back Sunday with Brand New (2001,) Matt & Kim (2015,) Imagine Dragons (2015 because it was my son’s first concert.) I’m adding a 6th; Lisa Loeb at UNION STATION!! Holy–
- Who is your hero? I have a few: Jenny Lewis, Gwen Stefani, Hayley Williams, Harriet Wheeler
- What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to talk for a living, meet bands and artists I’ve adored over the years, and have fun meeting listeners!!
- What are your hobbies? I write music, play guitar, play WoW, and hang with my family.
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)? 48 hours, MILITARY FUN!! 😀
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Rachel Bilson. I mean, she already played a “Summer,” so it seems fitting.
- What song would you say best sums you up? Elliott Smith – Angeles. It sums up how I felt about trying to be a musician which is still a near and dear thing to my heart, but from a distance.
- What was your first job? I was a clerk and merchandiser at Montgomery Wards’ home goods department.
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The Sundays. I would probably just stare at Harriet Wheeler.
Click post titles to read more and get links!
Taco Bell seems to be trying everything new to stay in the minds of its demographic, and I think it’s working. First they introduced upscale dining which serves liquor, and now a clothing line full of 90s-looking clothing. Feast your eyes on the new @Forever21 x Taco Bell collection. #F21xTacoBell https://t.co/ZHhEGdhALQ — Taco Bell (@tacobell) […]
Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, New Politics, Night Riots and more teamed up with Andrew McMahon’s Dear Jack Foundation to “raise their voice” against adolescent and adult cancer. All bands will contribute special, one-of-a-kind products to raise money for Andrew McMahon’s foundation, including an autographed Panic! At The Disco tour poster and special fan […]
Portugal. The Man are around every corner it seems, and it’s probably going to continue with their latest single “Live In The Moment.” They’ve teamed up with Wieden+Kennedy again for another awesome video! It features a 10-foot puppet riding around on a Cadillac like a skateboard.
Fresh off of the Pacific Daydream album (also RXP’s Alternative Pick of the Week!) Weezer performed their single “Happy Hour” on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Check it out below!
In a move which surprised everyone, Jimmy Kimmel had a guest host: Dave Grohl dressed as David Letterman for Halloween. Even cooler, he featured Nomi (former RXP Morning show host) who happened to be dressed as Dave Grohl for the holiday.Check out the video below (around the 3:20 mark)
Ohhhh spooky! For your Halloween pleasure, it’s blink-182‘s drummer Travis Barker, and his very talented friend Ralph Nader (not the one you’re thinking of) dressed like one another in a Purge-inspired drum video. (Ya know, the fictional movie where crime is legal for one night?) Check out their short video below:
It’s a real RXP Miracle! RXP’s Miracle on Platte welcomes J. Roddy Walston and the Business and New Politics to the Black Sheep on December 8!! Come spread some holiday cheer with RXP as we celebrate the season in style! Brought to you by Vapor Source! Tickets are on sale now! Get them while they last. […]
It’s a combination of two of my favorite shows (Game of Thrones and Stranger Things) with very memorable theme songs…I’ll admit, I was a bit skeptical, but after the first beat I was hooked. It’s by a duo called Steep Steps (Tony Correlli and Athena Hiotis.) Check it out!
The 1975 have decided on a name for their new album, and it may sound familiar. The band will re-use the name for their 2013 EP Music for Cars for their pending future release. Music for Cars featured the single “Chocolate.” Singer Matty Healy stated that this is an end of an era for The […]
You read that correctly….The sauce which was released back in 1998 as a promotion for the Disney Movie Mulan, was featured in the popular TV Series Rick & Morty. McDonald’s got in on the joke by sending a limited number of packets around the country for one day. One of the people to get said […]