10 things you need to know about Summer.
- Top 5 favorite bands? Rilo Kiley, The Sundays, Saves The Day, Say Anything, City & Colour
- Top 5 concerts you’ve ever seen? Reel Big Fish with Kara’s Flowers & Aquabats (1996,) Rilo Kiley with Feist (2005,) Taking Back Sunday with Brand New (2001,) Matt & Kim (2015,) Imagine Dragons (2015 because it was my son’s first concert.) I’m adding a 6th; Lisa Loeb at UNION STATION!! Holy–
- Who is your hero? I have a few: Jenny Lewis, Gwen Stefani, Hayley Williams, Harriet Wheeler
- What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to talk for a living, meet bands and artists I’ve adored over the years, and have fun meeting listeners!!
- What are your hobbies? I write music, play guitar, play WoW, and hang with my family.
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)? 48 hours, MILITARY FUN!! 😀
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Rachel Bilson. I mean, she already played a “Summer,” so it seems fitting.
- What song would you say best sums you up? Elliott Smith – Angeles. It sums up how I felt about trying to be a musician which is still a near and dear thing to my heart, but from a distance.
- What was your first job? I was a clerk and merchandiser at Montgomery Wards’ home goods department.
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The Sundays. I would probably just stare at Harriet Wheeler.
Click post titles to read more and get links!
Over the summer, Alabama Shakes bandleader Brittany Howard shared music she did with two Nashville-based singer-songwriters, Becca Mancari and Jesse Lafser, calling the project Bermuda Triangle. It looked like a one-time deal until recently when the trio shared a new single, “Rosey.” Check it out below!
Green Day is hosting a special Facebook Live performance later today to support Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Proceeds raised will go to Americares. who are in Texas now, providing aid, distributing water, and mobilizing medical outreach with their local partners. Green Day is going live at 4 p.m. EST to raise money for the cause. […]
There has been no shortage of celebrities reaching out for the victims of Hurricane Harvey, and this time, it’s Lifehouse and Switchfoot! My early 2000s dreams are coming true, because they’ve written a song together titled, “Shine Like Gold” (it’s pretty awesome) and the benefits will be donated to aid in Houston’s recovery in partnership […]
Last week, Hurricane Harvey forced Coldplay to cancel its concert in Houston. Like many, the city is clearly on the band’s mind. At its concert last night at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium, the band performed a song it wrote in tribute for the city in crisis. “This is because we all grew up loving country […]
Tired of hosting your friends for football? Thunder & Buttons and RXP are here to help! Bring your friends because RXP is live at Thunder & Buttons for every Denver game this season! (Did we mention it is absolutely free?) RXP will give away prizes every time Denver scores! Plus, play the squares board […]
It’s been a while since I’ve seen a “Rickroll.” The popular internet thing-to-do had its heyday in the early 2000s of the interwebs. I’ve fallen for it I don’t know how many times… As luck would have it, Foo Fighters and Rick Astley were both on the bill at Japan’s Summer Sonic Festival over the weekend. During their headlining […]
Mondo is celebrating a vinyl reissue of the JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by getting the band “back to together.” While the band didn’t exist in real life, and the movie was a total flop at the Box Office, Josie and the Pussycats has become a sort-of cult classic. On September 26th in Los […]
It looks like there was a mix-up during the vinyl pressing of Villains, Queens of the Stone Age’s upcoming album (August 25.) The band Gordi was set to release their new album on the same day titled, Reservoir LP. Fans took to Reddit to report that their vinyl copies of Reservoir featured the second half of Queens’ album on […]
Chances are you’ve set foot in a Chuck E. Cheese’s at some point in your life. Don’t tell me you never said out loud that the animatronic robot band was “creepy.” They, no doubt, creeped me out as a kid and I can imagine kids of all generations. Well that all ends now. The CEO […]
If you’re like me and were left scratching your head at Arcade Fire’s newest ways of promoting their new album Everything Now, then you’re not alone. If you’re not familiar, well….first there were to be “dress code rules” at their Everything Now release show including a “phone-free viewing policy,” which took a big backlash online. […]