10 things you need to know about Summer.
- Top 5 favorite bands? Rilo Kiley, The Sundays, Saves The Day, Say Anything, City & Colour
- Top 5 concerts you’ve ever seen? Reel Big Fish with Kara’s Flowers & Aquabats (1996,) Rilo Kiley with Feist (2005,) Taking Back Sunday with Brand New (2001,) Matt & Kim (2015,) Imagine Dragons (2015 because it was my son’s first concert.) I’m adding a 6th; Lisa Loeb at UNION STATION!! Holy–
- Who is your hero? I have a few: Jenny Lewis, Gwen Stefani, Hayley Williams, Harriet Wheeler
- What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to talk for a living, meet bands and artists I’ve adored over the years, and have fun meeting listeners!!
- What are your hobbies? I write music, play guitar, play WoW, and hang with my family.
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)? 48 hours, MILITARY FUN!! 😀
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Rachel Bilson. I mean, she already played a “Summer,” so it seems fitting.
- What song would you say best sums you up? Elliott Smith – Angeles. It sums up how I felt about trying to be a musician which is still a near and dear thing to my heart, but from a distance.
- What was your first job? I was a clerk and merchandiser at Montgomery Wards’ home goods department.
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The Sundays. I would probably just stare at Harriet Wheeler.
Click post titles to read more and get links!
Remember the 90s? Yeah me either. 🙂 I also “don’t remember” making my dad drive me to some head shop to buy baggies of pogs and heavy slammers. That was the eye roll toy of the 90s (in my opinion.) My dad hated every second of it but he put up with it, because that’s […]
Tom DeLonge announced back in February he’d been working on a sci-fi movie called Strange Times, and with the lead roles cast, it seems to be getting closer and closer. The Strange Times franchise started with the graphic novel and is now expanding its horizons. The story follows a group of rebellious San Diego skateboarders who take […]
I think it’s time for her comeback! Lindsay Lohan will star in a British comedy show called Sick Note with Don Johnson (Miami Vice,) Rupert Grint aka Ron Weasley (Harry Potter), and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, The Huntsman: Winter’s War.) The Mean Girls star will appear in the second season, with the first due to […]
Seriously, can Sam Beam, a.k.a. Iron & Wine write any bad songs?? “Call It Dreaming” is off of the new upcoming record, Beast Epic, due out August 25!
If you don’t live under a rock, you know that Netflix is producing the long-awaited sequel to the 2001 masterpiece, Super Troopers. Well, it was revealed that Eagles of Death Metal will now be scoring the movie. According to a tweet from director Jay Chandresekhar, the film’s score will be composed by Eagles of Death Metal, […]
Emily Haines of Metric is going solo again. For the first time in a decade, the singer is releasing a solo album titled, Choir Of The Mind. The album is set for release on September 15. Hear the first single “Fatal Gift” below:
Formerly known as Death From Above 1979, the band has re-branded, dropped the “1979,” and is now just Death From Above. That said, they have given us “Freeze Me.” [Note: The YouTube user who shared this video didn’t get the memo that it’s just Death From Above now. I know, it’ll take some getting used to.] […]
You’ve probably come across it in your lifetime, or maybe you’re a subscriber. High Times, the decades-long running magazine, has been pretty much a bible for any marijuana connoisseur. The popular magazine was just sold to a group of investors which include reggae musician and son of the late Bob Marley, Damian Marley. Marley along […]
Marcus Mumford was just one of many big stars to perform in Ariana Grande’s “One Love Manchester” benefit concert. Mumford kicked off the evening by performing a beautiful acoustic version of his band Mumford and Sons’ song, “Timshel.” Also in attendance were Pharrell Williams, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Take That, Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas, […]
“I Promise” is one of 3 previously unreleased tracks available on a deluxe version of OK Computer due June 23 called OKNOTOK. The album will include a remastered version of the original album, the two other previously unreleased tracks (“Lift” and “Man Of War,”) and demo recordings.