10 things you need to know about Summer.
- Top 5 favorite bands? Rilo Kiley, The Sundays, Saves The Day, Say Anything, City & Colour
- Top 5 concerts you’ve ever seen? Reel Big Fish with Kara’s Flowers & Aquabats (1996,) Rilo Kiley with Feist (2005,) Taking Back Sunday (2001,) Matt & Kim (2015,) Lisa Loeb at UNION STATION (2017) Holy–
- Who is your hero? I have a few: Jenny Lewis, Gwen Stefani, Hayley Williams, Harriet Wheeler
- What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to talk for a living, meet bands and artists I’ve adored over the years, and have fun meeting listeners!!
- What are your hobbies? I write music, play guitar, and hang with my family.
- What is one thing you will never do again? Spend $1,000 at Riot Fest. A: Because there is no more Denver Riot Fest, and 2: Who spends $1,000 at Riot Fest?
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Mila Kunis
- What song would you say best sums you up? Elliott Smith – Angeles. It sums up how I felt about trying to be a musician which is still a near and dear thing to my heart, but from a distance.
- What was your first job? I was a clerk and merchandiser at Montgomery Wards’ home goods department. I also worked at Claire’s at the same time.
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The Sundays. I would probably just stare at Harriet Wheeler.
Click post titles to read more and get links!
Ahh, Jason Momoa. He’s Aquaman so naturally Jimmy Fallon HAD to have a water war with the actor; it was hilarious! See it below:
There has always been a lot of mixed feelings about cell phones at concert venues. Bands like The Lumineers, A Perfect Circle, and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are just a few of the artists who have banned cell phones at their shows completely. Now, it looks like we can add Jack White to the list. […]
Sad news this morning out of London, Dolores O’Riordan the singer for The Cranberries has passed away at age 46 in her London Hotel. The singer was staying in London while performing with the band, D.A.R.K. The passing was sudden and unexpected according to her family. No details of the cause of death have been […]
The name may say it all…”Rut.” The song is from The Killers’ latest album Wonderful, Wonderful and in the video you see different women at different stages of depression, stuck in their heads. See it below:
We’ve been waiting for the Arctic Monkeys to bless us with their presence, but they’ve been working on their sixth album. However they’ve finally announced a tour date, and more can be expected in coming weeks. The band’s first confirmed date of 2018 is with the Firefly Music Festival, and they’re headlining alongside The Killers, […]
Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats announced their new studio album, Tearing At The Seams due out on March 9, and as a bonus, they released their single titled “You Worry Me.” The band spent time in Rodeo, New Mexico writing and recording the new album. Check out “You Worry Me” below:
Record Store Day has grown so much since its inception 10 years ago. Each time, you can score some pretty unique and special records on those specific days. Looks like the first one of 2018 is happening on April 21, 2018, and while no releases have been announced yet, I bet they will be just […]
One could argue that music is so vast, that somewhere, someone is bound to come across identical chord progressions other bands/artists have already written. So it’s no surprise in recent years, copyright infringment cases are rampant in the industry. That seems to be the case with a new song by Lana Del Rey called, “Get […]
Fall Out Boy are known for using creative ways to give back to fans, and it looks like Pete Wentz has made a list and has shown the world FOB’s upcoming plans including a music video release date of 1/12 for the song “Wilson (Expensive Mistakes).” from the upcoming album M A N I A […]
FOALS Bassist Walter Gervers is exiting the band after 12 years. The band broke the news via Social Media, saying he was leaving to “pursue a new life.” The band went on to say, “The parting has been so sad but we remain firm friends, he’ll always be our brother, we love him and wish […]