10 Actors Who Auditioned for One Part, But Ended Up Playing Another
Here are 10 examples of actors auditioning for one part, but ending up playing an entirely different character:
1. Chadwick Boseman auditioned for Drax in “Guardians of the Galaxy”, but ended up as the lead in “Black Panther”.
2. Tom Hiddleston auditioned for Thor, but got cast as his brother Loki.
3. Liam Hemsworth was up for the part of Peeta in “The Hunger Games”, but ended up playing Gale.
4. Tom Felton auditioned for both Harry and Ron in the “Harry Potter” movies, but they gave him Draco Malfoy instead.
5. Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel both auditioned to play Rapunzel in “Tangled” before being cast as Anna and Elsa in “Frozen”.
6. Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams auditioned for each other’s parts in “Mean Girls”.
7. The director of “Napoleon Dynamite” originally wanted Jon Heder to play Randy the bully.
8. Gabrielle Union auditioned for the part of Monica in “Love & Basketball”, but ended up playing Shawnee.
9. Jackson Rathbone almost played Edward in the “Twilight” movies, but ended up playing Jasper instead.
10. Cillian Murphy originally auditioned for Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman Begins, but ended up playing Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow.