10 things you need to know about Summer.
- Top 5 favorite bands? Rilo Kiley, The Sundays, Saves The Day, Say Anything, Piebald
- Top 5 concerts you’ve ever seen? Reel Big Fish with Kara’s Flowers (aka Maroon 5) & Aquabats (1996,) Rilo Kiley with Feist (2005,) Taking Back Sunday (2001,) Matt & Kim (2015,) Lisa Loeb at UNION STATION (2017) Holy–
- Who is your hero? I have a few: Jenny Lewis, Gwen Stefani, Hayley Williams (CHECK OUT OUR INTERVIEW!) and Harriet Wheeler.
- What is your favorite thing about your career? I get to talk for a living, meet bands and artists I’ve adored over the years, and have fun meeting listeners!!
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is an actuality as I have a ton of food allergies, so I pretty much eat rice and chicken/veggies every day; I’m ok with that.
- What is one thing you will never do again? Spend $1,000 at Riot Fest. A: Because there is no more Denver Riot Fest, and 2: Who spends $1,000 at Riot Fest?
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten? I ordered Paella in a small village in Spain expecting the rice dish with mussels, etc. What I got was a huge “shark steak” …it was delicious.
- What song would you say best sums you up? Elliott Smith – Angeles. It sums up how I felt about trying to be a musician which is still a near and dear thing to my heart, but from a distance.
- What was your first job? I was a clerk and merchandiser at Montgomery Wards’ home goods department. I also worked at Claire’s at the same time.
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The Sundays. I would probably just stare at Harriet Wheeler.
Follow Summer on Facebook
Follow Summer on Twitter
Follow Summer on InstagramIn a Colorado-based band? Submit your music HERE.Are you a local non-profit or organization who would like more information on Public Service Announcements with KRXP? Send an email to: email@example.com